Friday, November 12, 2010

Veteran's Day rides

First a picture of my father who is gone now like many of the WWII veterans:
As we know Veteran's Day was once called Armistice Day to commemorate the end of the "War To End All Wars" (WWI).  Needless to say mankind hasn't succeeded in ending war and we have many veterans.

I took my wife's friend Alis for a private ride in the BASA DG-1000 over the Quien Sabe Valley on a day with great visibility where we could see the snow on top of the Sierras and the clear air over the Monterey peninsula and bay:



Scott came from Santa Cruz to celebrate his birthday with a Mile High Acro Ride.  We went over the Quien Sabe Valley for a loop and some wingovers.  After the acro he flew the glider and took some pictures.  I was remiss and didn't get my little camera out to take his picture while we were in the air but got this pic with the beautiful light of the evening after our landing: 


No comments:

Post a Comment