Sunday, January 16, 2011

Saturday 1/15/11

     The day was perfect for glider rides!  Soaring weather it wasn't as there was no convective activity but for a smooth ride and visibility it was a beautiful day.  The hills were green and we could see the whole Sierra Nevada Range covered in snow over the Tule fog blanketing the San Joaquin Valley.
     My first passengers were Connie and Kendall.  I didn't have my camera so we took pics with their iPhone and when they send me one I'll post it here.
     Jeanine got in the front seat and I took the rear with my camera this time.  Her smile shows the pleasure of experiencing the view while "quietly" aviating in the local area.


Two men came down from the Sacramento area for their individual rides.  Both were eager to handle the controls and fly while we had the altitude to recover from and difficulties encountered!  Always fun to take "first-timers" for their initiation flights.

straight and level flight:

And some maneuvering:

No comments:

Post a Comment