Sunday, July 17, 2011

7/16 rides

Kayla and Cody came in for a Hollister Hop:

Randy enjoyed the Silver Hawk ride:

Karen brought her two sons in for introductory lessons and wanted to experience what they were doing so she went for a ride with me.  She handled the controls well and enjoyed it all so much that I forgot to take her picture.  I think she'll be back for her own lessons as she has all the "right stuff" to be a glider pilot herself!

Chelsea came by to say she'd like a glider ride and told me she owned and piloted a single-engined Piper Comanche.  When I asked if she'd like to do some acro, she said, "sure"!  She flew the glider on tow for the first time as well as any trained glider pilot, released and flew just beautifully because she could feel the need for the proper rudder useage, the most difficult thing for power pilots to master.

Here we are after our flight.  The cameraman didn't catch her smile which I saw!


No comments:

Post a Comment