Sunday, November 6, 2011

Saturday 11/5/11 rides


We were looking forward to a day similar to Friday but a high overcast made for a chilly day with weak lift.  But the visibility was very good and Jim was ready to go:
The view from the front seat is always wonderful:
 It would appear that he had a good flight:

Dan was a paraglider pilot and wanted to experience a different kind of flying:

Brittany and Chris wanted to go together, choosing to share the experience:

While I was giving rides, private owners were putting their gliders together and launching, hoping to have yesterday's conditions today but alas, it was not to be!

On Paul's Monterey Bay Acro ride we saw the whole bay while above the lower clouds and he enjoyed the panoramic view as much as the acrobatic maneuvers. He liked flying  the glider back to Hollister as I became his passenger!

I thought my flying was done for the day and was preparing to work in the hangar on one of our towplanes when Joy brought Amy and Jonathan out for a Silver Hawk ride to 4750'.  We had a very nice flight but my camera was not with me so this pic of them on the back seat of glider-tow vehicle will have to suffice!
p.s.  That's "our own" Jonathan in the background with his beautiful Jantar.  The Bay Area Soaring Associates club DG-1000 is under the covers on the right.

After viewing this post, my passenger Jonathan sent me a pic that I had taken using his camera on our flight!
Now the record is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment