Sunday, August 26, 2012

Saturday 8/25/12 rides

When Barbara's great-grand-son, hiding in stroller, convinced everyone that he was not happy to get in the glider, I asked his mother, Jessica, if she wanted to go and her answer was, "YES"!  The two gals were now in the back seat and we are ready for taxi behind the cart to the runway for launch.


After we released from the towplane at 4750' over the hills east of Hollister for our 30 minute ride I got this nice pic of two women enjoying themselves after leaving their "menfolk" on the ground!

Fog in the Salinas Valley on the other side of Fremont Peak:

       Fog over the Monterey Bay 30 miles to the west:

After landing, I put a control stick in the rear, Larry got in the front and off we went for a Mile High ride:

After releasing from the towplane Larry took the controls and flew the rest of the flight until I did the landing!  Larry had flown with me back in Feb and told me then he had soloed an Aeronca back in '63 near Otis AFB on Cape Cod.  His piloting skills weren't lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment