Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sunday 11/11

My wife has taken a job in OR so I'll be moving up there soon and won't be giving many more rides in Hollister.  I was pleased and humbled to have received two awards from my fellow glider pilots to end my career at Hollister:


There are very few airports that have a hangar like this one:

Or active toys such as these:

When I was called and asked to fill in for an "under the weather" ride-pilot I jumped at the chance to get "high in the sky" again.

My first passenger was Gene an ex USAF "missileman".  He flew the glider very well!

After landing I got a nice pic with Gene and his son who had taken his ride in another of our Schweizer 2-32s with our flight instructor/manager Quest.

Here's a nice pic of a family outing where the men took individual flights with our flight instructor Charlie in the high performance Duo Discus and the gals had paired flights in our 2-32s.



It sure looks as if the pair I had with me were enjoying the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment