Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Feb happenings!

I've been remiss in my blog updating because of a trip to FL for my son's wedding and the change in my lifestyle now that my wife is away for six weeks to care for a sister.

We had a visit from Eb Lemke, a German born and trained glider pilot.  Eb is a retired civil engineer who built airports in the middle east.  He was an active member of our local soaring club and a private owner as well.




 Sven Ingalls, who still flies with me at 92, wanted to have his friend Ryan experience a glider flight in our club's high performance DG-1000 

Ryan took to it quite nicely and flew around while I took pictures.

Another "emeritus" glider club member Emil Kissel, a retired Pan Am Flight Engineering Officer on Boeing 314 "flying boats", 707s and 747s, gave an informative and inspiring talk about his career and aviation in general to a standing room only crowd at the Monterey Bay Aviation hangar:


Last Sunday Walter and his father Aaron came by for a glider ride:

After the ride we got Robin, Walter's mom to sit in the pilot's seat for a nice family picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment