Monday, May 23, 2011

Saturday 5/21/11

Balaji and daughter, Satvika, enjoyed their Hollister Hop:

Between rides, private gliders were launched and the beautiful DG-1000 of the Bay Area Soaring Associates was being used to check out a new private-pilot member:

 A "bachelor party" group arrived for rides and I had the honor of taking Tim, the prospective groom, for a Monterey Bay Adventure Acro Ride.  Tim was a power-pilot and took the controls while on tow to experience flying he'd never done before.  After releasing from the towplane at 8250' we played around taking turns flying.  His loop was as good or better than mine!  He flew the rest of the flight until final and I was so relaxed I neglected to get his picture in the air.  He'll have plenty of pictures when he gets married!
I'm not sure but I think Henrik was the organizer of the "event" and maybe the "best man"?  He had a nice ride with a loop and I did get his pic:
You can see that I made sure to get a picture this time as I took it while we were still on tow behind the Cherokee!

My last ride for the day was with Cornelius for a Mile High Mountain Ride.  He was in the wine business so we flew over the area south of Hollister where there are vineyards and wineries.   





1 comment:

  1. Haven - This was a ton of fun, you did a great job! Thanks much!

    Cornelius

    ReplyDelete